Administrative Assistant, School of Nursing
Excelsior College is seeking applicants for an Administrative Assistant within the School of Nursing.
The Administrative Assistant will perform diversified secretarial and administrative functions, which require ability to learn and apply established policies and practices. Productive organizational skills and flexible interpersonal communication skills are required to ensure that specialized projects and the daily work flow are organized, prioritized and accurately completed within prescribed timeframes.
The Administrative Assistant will demonstrate proficient knowledge of computer applications and word processing and utilize initiative and good decision making skills to assist with and/or coordinate detailed office functions. The candidate will provide assistance for administrative and business details by performing the following duties.
- Answer telephone inquiries and provide information to callers or route calls to appropriate contact.
- Process confidential and routine correspondence and reports as assigned.
- Support and assist with coordination of logistical activities associated with unit planning, training, and information sessions.
- Schedule appointments for faculty calls.
- Compose, modify, and proof correspondence: manuals, letters, memos, and forms.
- Read and route incoming mail and outgoing mail.
- Develop and maintain updated filing systems.
- Secure confidential correspondence and records.
- Organize and track office expenditures and staff travel.
- Locate and attach appropriate file to correspondence to be answered by supervisor.
- Photocopy correspondence or other printed matter.
- Record minutes of staff meetings.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Related experience as an office assistant or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Utilize flexible business communication skills to provide quality staff/student service.
- Ability to communicate and accomplish staff results.
- Possessing a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail is critical.
- Must demonstrate excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and as team member.
- Work flexible hours as needed.
- High level of proficiency utilizing microcomputer based applications including Microsoft® Word, Excel®, PowerPoint®, and willingness to learn new computer software.
Excelsior College offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, salary history, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information online, or by mail:
Human Resources Office
Administrative Assistant, School of Nursing Search
7 Columbia Circle
Albany, New York 12203-5159
We are an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that strives to enhance our ability to develop a diverse faculty and staff and to increase our potential to serve a diverse student population.