Assistant Dean For Regulatory and Governmental Affairs, School of Nursing
Excelsior College, a regionally accredited, nonprofit institution and a leader in distance education is seeking candidates for the position of Assistant Dean for Regulatory and Governmental Affairs within the School of Nursing.
Excelsior is institutionally accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education and all the degree programs within the School of Nursing are accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, also known as the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission. The School has been designated a Center of Excellence in Nursing Education by the National League for Nursing three times and as the Best School for Men in Nursing by the American Assembly for Men in Nursing five times. It is also home to the Tau Kappa Chapter of Sigma Theta Tau International, Honor Society of Nursing.
This is a full-time position with benefits located in Albany, New York.
This position is a non-tenured, full-time, year-round administrative position with competitive compensation.
The Assistant Dean for Regulatory and Governmental Affairs is a member of the nursing leadership team who works with the Dean and members of the executive staff in responding to regulatory issues. The Assistant Dean develops and maintains effective working relationships with state boards of nursing as well as other regulatory staff and develops strategic communication approaches for all nursing degree programs. The position reports to the Dean of the School of Nursing.
Provide leadership and coordination of all regulatory and governmental affairs impacting the School of Nursing.
- Work collaboratively with College leadership as well as professional and community leaders to assure congruence between regulations for licensure and College initiatives and activities.
- Continuously survey the regulatory environment for potential challenges to the Excelsior model for nursing education and licensure for Excelsior graduates.
- Explore new options for meeting regulatory requirements and coordinate established state specific precepted clinical experiences.
- Represent Excelsior College at appropriate national and state governmental and regulatory meetings.
Provide administrative/managerial direction.
- Participate in institution-wide strategic planning and the annual budgetary process.
- Provide leadership in proactively delivering quality service to students as it relates to meeting licensure requirements, including supervision of State Board Team staff.
- Communicate with other College units about regulatory issues as needed.
- Serve as a member of college-wide committees as appointed.
Assist in outreach and promotion of the nursing degree programs.
- Assist in the development and implementation of marketing and communication plans for promotion of the degree programs.
- Assist in identifying new markets and developing collaborative relationships with outside entities.
- Represent Excelsior College at academic conferences, professional meetings, and community activities.
Frequent overnight travel is required.
- Licensure or eligibility for licensure as a registered nurse in New York State.
- Master's Degree in Nursing from a regionally accredited institution required, doctorate preferred.
- Experience in nursing education.
- Demonstrated leadership and management ability.
- Demonstrated excellence in written and oral communications.
- Ability to work with diverse constituencies and staff.
- Demonstrated commitment to, and experience with, nontraditional education of adults.
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations.
Excelsior College offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, salary history, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information online, or by mail:
Human Resources Office
Assistant Dean For Regulatory and Governmental Affairs Search
7 Columbia Circle
Albany, New York 12203-5159
We are an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that strives to enhance our ability to develop a diverse faculty and staff and to increase our potential to serve a diverse student population.