Associate Dean of Business, School of Business and Technology
Excelsior College, a regionally accredited, nonprofit institution, and a leader in distance education is seeking candidates for the position of Associate Dean of Business within the School of Business and Technology. The ideal candidate will have a strong academic background, a sound professional reputation, and a firm belief in nontraditional approaches to education.
Reporting to the Dean, the Associate Dean of Business performs complex duties related to the administration of the business programs of the School of Business and Technology (SBT), and works with the Dean and other staff to ensure smooth operation of the academic programs. The Associate Dean of Business will have regular contact with important internal and external entities and should be able to act with tact and maturity to obtain their support and cooperation.
The Associate Dean of Business may be frequently required to resolve personnel problems, and handle high profile meetings. This position works in tandem with the Associate Dean of Technology to assure the smooth operation of the academic programs of the School, and provides the administrative leadership for the SBT in the absence of the Dean and Associate Dean of Technology. The Associate Dean of Business reports to the Dean of the School of Business and Technology.
This is a full-time position with benefits based in Albany, NY.
Provide academic leadership for the graduate and undergraduate business degree programs in cooperation with the faculty and dean.
- Lead faculty and staff in carrying out Excelsior's mission, and achieve the goals of the School of Business and Technology.
- Work collaboratively with the Associate Dean of Technology, unit managers, other deans, and staff throughout the College as well as community members and leaders.
- Participate in development of academic policies.
- Represent degree programs on academic committees.
- Interpret academic and employment trends for upper level administration.
- Coordinate, in conjunction with Excelsior's Assessment Unit, the development and support of Excelsior College business examinations.
- Monitor the curricula and recommend policies in conjunction with the Faculty and Dean.
- Oversee the academic quality and integrity of the degree programs and recommend appropriate changes as necessary.
- Explore new options for meeting degree requirements.
- Assist the Dean in all activities pertaining to registration and accreditation of business degree programs.
- Participate in scholarly activities supportive of the educational enterprise including research and development activities (participation in professional organizations, through publications and presentations).
- Provide leadership for maintaining the excellence and integrity of various degree programs through research and evaluation.
- Represent Excelsior College at appropriate academic conferences, professional meetings, and community activities.
- Seek external funding to support new academic and research initiatives.
- Oversee the development, implementation, and quality of business online course offerings.
Provide administrative/managerial direction for the operations of business and technology degree programs.
- Participate in institution-wide strategic planning and the annual budgetary process.
- Provide leadership to staff in delivering quality service to students.
- Serve as a member of College-wide committees as appointed.
Assist in Outreach and Promotion with the Enrollment Management Unit
- Be a spokesperson for presenting the School's business programs.
- Develope new corporate and academic partners.
- Assist in the development and implementation of marketing plans for promotion of the degree programs.
- Assist in identifying new markets and develop collaborative relationships with outside entities.
- Coordinate all preferred provider relationships with colleges, universities, and corporate partners.
- Earned doctorate from a regionally accredited college with a graduate or undergraduate degree in Business.
- 5 years of progressive experience in business/higher education as an administrative leader in a major business, industry, or academic leadership.
- Distinguished record of teaching graduate and undergraduate academic programs.
- Demonstrated leadership and management ability.
- Demonstrated excellence in written and oral communications.
- Ability to work with diverse constituencies and staff.
- Demonstrated commitment to, and experience with, nontraditional education of adults.
- Familiarity with curriculum development and evaluation processes.
- Experience in the development and implementation of online programs.
Desirable Qualifications include:
- Experience in collaborating with corporate partners.
- Experience in program development in international markets.
- Experience in grant writing and program management.
Occasional overnight travel is required.
Excelsior College offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, salary history, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information online, or by mail:
Human Resources Office
Associate Dean of Business, School of Business and Technology Search
7 Columbia Circle
Albany, New York 12203-5159
We are an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that strives to enhance our ability to develop a diverse faculty and staff and to increase our potential to serve a diverse student population.