Executive Director, Business Development, Center for Educational Measurement
Are you an experienced, entrepreneurial leader seeking to apply your passion for creativity, innovation, and collaboration to prepare adult learners for the 21st century? Are you ready to join an institution that offers an innovative higher education model that meets the needs of today's learners? Excelsior College, a global leader in distance education, is the place for you.
Excelsior College seeks applicants for the position of Executive Director, Business Development within the Center for Educational Measurement unit.
The Executive Director of Business Development (EDBD) for the Center for Educational Measurement (CEM) is responsible for developing new markets for the Center's services and for promoting the Center's services to new and existing markets resulting in revenues that exceed budgeted targets. The EDBD reports to the CEM Executive Director (ED). The EDBD will work with the ED and members of CEM on creating partnerships that assist in meeting Center revenue goals. The Executive Director of Business Development will also create, recommend, and implement marketing programs to appropriate target markets. In addition, this position will work with the ED, members of CEM, and others on the creation and marketing of new Center offerings. Furthermore, the EDBD will work with the Excelsior College Enrollment Management Department to leverage their marketing infrastructure to achieve Center revenue goals.
- Responsible for CEM's partnership, marketing, and new product efforts in consultation with the Executive Director.
- Explore and cultivate new markets and partnerships focused on CEM products.
- Initiate and maintain working relationships with representatives of internal units, external vendors, and partners to promote the Center's products.
- Research, recommend, and implement outreach and marketing avenues to increase awareness of CEM and purchases of Center products.
- Research and recommend new products to increase CEM revenues.
- Lead the creation and execution of the marketing plan and budget for the Center.
- Meet established revenue and expense budgets.
- Other duties as assigned.
May supervise technical and administrative staff, including permanent, temporary, and contract staff, but no direct reports currently exist.
An MBA or equivalent from a regionally-accredited institution is required.
- Demonstrated business development, sales, and marketing experience.
- Evidence of exceeding revenue goals.
- Experience presenting at the executive level.
- Experience in a higher education setting would be a plus.
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to conceptualize and oversee development of new products.
- Ability to bring in new partners and markets for products.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, creative, and persistent.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Extensive traditional and Internet marketing strategy knowledge.
- A team player, able to work collaboratively with all levels.
- Project management skills with a demonstrated level of organizational skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to create and deliver presentations to groups of varying sizes.
- Ability to work independently.
- Computer literate, with ability to effectively use word processing, database, and spreadsheets.
- Knowledge of assessment products and services in the higher education market would be a plus.
Please Note: There is a known issue with the online submission and Internet Explorer 11. The online submission will work with another browser or if you put Internet Explorer into Compatibility View before clicking on the online link
To do this, click on Tools then place a checkmark next to Compatibility View. If the Tools menu is not showing, click the Alt key on your keyboard to display the menu.
Excelsior College offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, salary history, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information online, or by mail:
Human Resources Office
Executive Director, Business Development, CEM Search
7 Columbia Circle
Albany, New York 12203-5159
We are an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that strives to enhance our ability to develop a diverse faculty and staff and to increase our potential to serve a diverse student population.