Military Outreach Representative, Ft. Bragg, NC
Excelsior College, a recognized world leader in distance higher education, makes degrees accessible to working adults with highly flexible and affordable degree programs. Excelsior College is a private, independently chartered institution. A staff of 300+ serves over 37,000 enrolled students worldwide, who are enrolled in the Schools of Nursing, Liberal Arts, and Business and Technology. The College is currently seeking candidates for the full-time position of Military Outreach Representative in Fort Bragg, North Carolina.
The primary function of this position is to promote an increased awareness of Excelsior College to the military and veteran community at Fort Bragg, NC, and to serve as the liaison between this community and Excelsior College. This position is based full time in Fayetteville, North Carolina, at the Fort Bragg Army Education Center. The responsibilities of this position are to meet with prospective students by personal advising sessions, conduct general presentations to inform students of opportunities available through Excelsior College, and represent Excelsior College at education fairs. The representative will conduct unofficial pre-enrollment assessments of transfer credit from other institutions, proficiency examination programs, and military experience for credit. The position requires a commitment to providing quality service by assimilating a large body of factual information, and relating it to students and military education counselors in a caring, efficient and consistent manner. The Military Outreach Representative will be well versed in all College options, learning opportunities and services, and will be able to direct inquiries for the most appropriate degree and service. The representative must have the ability to professionally represent Excelsior College within the wide academic and military community and provide travel support to the geographic region as needed.
- Relate a strong knowledge of Excelsior College degree programs and requirements to prospective students in a highly professional and caring manner.
- Promote the use of Excelsior College courses and examinations and Center for Professional Development Programs.
- Conduct preliminary reviews of college and military transcripts toward Excelsior College degree programs to enable students to make an informed enrollment decision regarding Excelsior College.
- Monitor military and veteran marketing and outreach opportunities through military installations, military websites, and military publications at Fort Bragg and surrounding areas.
- Serve as advocate for military education counselors, military servicemembers, their family members, and veterans at Fort Bragg and surrounding installations.
- Serve as the liaison between the military and veteran community at Fort Bragg area and Excelsior College to promote communication and exchange of information.
- Provide accurate information about military and institutional policies, procedures, resources, and programs.
- Participate in military education fairs and provide education briefings to prospective students.
- Provide efficient and consistent tracking of student service/advisement by maximizing the use of technology (i.e. Lotus Notes® , Excelsior Student Information System (SIS), ACE Database, Course Search, etc.).
- Work toward unit and college strategic planning goals and military/veteran enrollment goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities also include addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelor's degree is required.
- Previous experience in military education or higher education is preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with diverse populations.
- Excellent organizational and decision making skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Strong computer skills using Microsoft® Office applications.
- Ability to review/prepare accurate detailed documents.
- Ability to master a wide body of factual knowledge with a high degree of accuracy and detail.
- Willingness to learn new applications specific to SIS.
Excelsior College offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, salary history, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information online, or by mail:
Human Resources Office
Military Outreach Representative, Ft. Bragg, NC Search
7 Columbia Circle
Albany, New York 12203-5159
We are an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that strives to enhance our ability to develop a diverse faculty and staff and to increase our potential to serve a diverse student population.