Bachelors Degrees | Health Sciences – Health Education | Online Degree - Excelsior College
Page Hero - Areas of Study: Health Sciences
Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences (Health Education emphasis)
Bachelor's in Health Sciences (Health Education)
Health education plays an increasingly vital role in the health care industry.
Excelsior College's online Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences (Health Education emphasis) provides a convenient, affordable path into this dynamic field—one that can increase your income and career satisfaction.
Excelsior has been educating working adults since 1971, and we know the challenges adult learners often face. We help you balance your health education studies with work, family, and other real-life responsibilities by:
- Offering online health education classes on a rotating 8-week schedule. You'll enjoy the convenience and flexibility to take courses when they fit into your life.
- Reducing your course load by granting academic credit for professional licenses and certificates—a benefit you'll find at only a few colleges nationwide. The maximum benefit is 32 credits.
- Ensuring you get all the transfer credits you deserve for approved coursework at other colleges.
- Providing an affordable health sciences bachelor's degree, with low tuition and no enrollment fee.
- Supporting your success with outstanding, personalized service from our award-winning academic advisors.
Build Your Career and Gain New Opportunities in Health Education
A national leader in distance learning and adult education for more than 40 years, Excelsior offers relevant courses that have passed the highest academic standards. You'll take classes that were developed in consultation with health education industry leaders, while working with faculty who have years of professional experience in health education.
Health education skills cut across disciplines, making this a widely adaptable degree. The Bachelor in Health Sciences with emphasis in Health Education can lead to career growth opportunities in:
- Private medical practices
- Public health service agencies
Program Page: Apply and RFI Links
BS Health Sciences Credit Requirements
BS in Health Sciences Credit Requirements
Minimum of 120 credits: 60 in arts and sciences, 60 in health sciences courses, including 9 credits in the area of emphasis.
By completion of the program, the graduate will be able to:
- Demonstrate leadership skills within organizations and evolving health care systems.
- Identify and evaluate evidence to guide decision making.
- Use a systematic approach and higher order thinking in responding to health care issues and societal needs.
- Integrate knowledge of culture and an appreciation for diversity in planning and evaluating health care.
- Implement evolving technologies in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of health care.
- Incorporate multiple strategies of communication to establish collaborative relationships with clients, members of the multidisciplinary team, and other stakeholders.
- Analyze legal, ethical, and policy issues within health care delivery systems.
- Implement specialized knowledge and skills in the management and delivery of health care services.
- Demonstrate a commitment to lifelong learning in pursuit of excellence in the practice of a health care profession.
Catalog: Health Sciences
Institutional Accreditation heading block
Institutional Accreditation universal content block
Excelsior College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104. (267-284-5000). The Middle States Commission on Higher Education is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
All of Excelsior College's academic programs are registered (i.e., approved) by the New York State Education Department.