Associates Degrees | Liberal Arts – Associate In Arts | Online Classes - Excelsior College
Page Hero - Areas of Study - Liberal Arts
Associate in Science in Liberal Arts
Associate in Science in Liberal Arts Degree
A good education begins with a strong foundation. You can build that foundation quickly and conveniently with an Associate in Science in Liberal Arts from Excelsior College.
A national leader in adult education since 1971, Excelsior offers online classes within a practical model that removes obstacles commonly faced by working adults. You can earn a liberal arts associate degree in less time, for less money at Excelsior—and do it while you maintain your job and family obligations.
Excelsior speeds you toward an associate degree by:
- Offering online classes on a convenient schedule. Courses start every eight weeks, so you can take them whenever they fit into your life—and do all the coursework from home, on your own computer.
- Granting you all the transfer credits you deserve for prior coursework from other accredited colleges.
- Awarding academic credit for lessons you've learned outside the classroom, including many forms of military- and job-related training.
- Charging affordable tuition and fees that you won't burden your budget or slow your progress toward a degree.
High Quality, Extra Convenience in an Online Liberal Arts Degree
The associate degree program in liberal arts features:
- First-rate faculty who are drawn from leading colleges and universities across the United States.
- Online communities where you can interact with fellow students and professors.
- Support from Excelsior's award-winning team of advisors. (You'll have one advisor assigned to work with you throughout your Excelsior experience.)
- A three-credit capstone course that you design yourself.
With an associate degree in liberal arts from Excelsior College, you'll be equipped to take on more responsibility at work, compete more successfully for jobs, improve your pay, or continue your education in a bachelor's degree program.
liberal arts AS info block
AS in Liberal Arts Credit Requirements
Minimum of 60 semester credits: 30 credits in arts and science course and 30 credits in applied professional courses, additional arts and science courses, or a combination of both.
Catalog: Liberal Arts
Institutional Accreditation heading block
Institutional Accreditation universal content block
Excelsior College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104. (267-284-5000). The Middle States Commission on Higher Education is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
All of Excelsior College's academic programs are registered (i.e., approved) by the New York State Education Department.