MS Nursing | Nursing Degrees, Programs | Nursing Education | Online - Excelsior College
Page Hero - Areas of Study- Nursing
Master of Science in Nursing Education
Master's in Nursing Education
As one of the nation's most highly regarded nursing institutions, the Excelsior College School of Nursing knows the value of an outstanding nursing educator—and what it takes to become one.
You can join that elite class by earning a Master of Science in Nursing Education from Excelsior.
By completing a master's degree in nursing education, you'll gain the skills and expertise to teach in hospitals, community colleges, nursing schools, and health care organizations. An education-focused MS in nursing will also put you in high demand among employers, as the nation faces a critical shortage of nursing faculty.
An Online Nursing Master's Degree for Working Adults
In addition to outstanding academic quality, Excelsior's nursing master's degree stands out for:
- Flexible online nursing classes that you can fit conveniently into your work schedule.
- Dynamic coursework that's relevant, applicable, and up to date.
- A supportive environment led by Excelsior's award-winning team of academic advisors.
- Reasonable tuition and fees, plus generous financial support to help you afford a nursing MS on your budget.
Program Page: Apply and RFI Links
Nursing MS in Nursing degree info block credit requirements
Nursing MS in Nursing degree info block
Student Learning Program Outcomes
- Function as a leader and change agent to promote holistic patient-centered care and population health.
- Translate evidence to develop health care practices in a culturally and ethnically diverse global society.
- Synthesize theoretical and empirical knowledge from nursing and other disciplines that are essential for nursing judgment and practice.
- Integrate specialty practice knowledge to enhance interprofessional collaboration, inform decisions, and improve health outcomes.
- Exemplify professional values and standards, best practices, and the commitment to lifelong learning in the role of the master's-prepared nurse.
- Implement the role of master's-prepared nurse as part of the interprofessional team.
- Integrate scholarship, a spirit of inquiry, and innovation to support nursing excellence.
Accreditation: Nursing Specialized Accreditation
Specialized Nursing Accreditation
The associate, bachelor's, and master's degree programs in nursing at Excelsior College are accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), formerly known as the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC). The ACEN is a specialized accrediting agency for nursing recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
3343 Peachtree Road, Suite 850
Atlanta, GA 30326
Center of Excellence in Nursing Education
The National League for Nursing (NLN) designated Excelsior College's School of Nursing a 2016-2021 Center of Excellence in Nursing Education, for the fourth consecutive time, in recognition of the School's sustained achievements in creating environments that promote student learning and professional development.
Institutional Accreditation heading block
Institutional Accreditation universal content block
Excelsior College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104. (267-284-5000). The Middle States Commission on Higher Education is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
All of Excelsior College's academic programs are registered (i.e., approved) by the New York State Education Department.