Bachelors Degrees Nursing | Nursing Degrees, Programs | Online RN BSN - Excelsior College
Page Hero - Areas of Study- Nursing
RN to BS
RN to Bachelor's in Nursing (RN to BS)
The RN-BS in Nursing program at Excelsior College is for motivated professional nurses ready to take on greater responsibility.
This nursing program enables you to earn your bachelor's in nursing without interrupting your current employment.
- Learn from faculty at the forefront of the nursing profession.
- Gain practical knowledge you can use on the job.
- Develop intellectual focus and scientific rigor.
- Network with an online community of students and advisors.
Accredited Nursing Program for Working Nurses
Strengthen your nursing skills while you benefit from:
- Online classes that coordinate with your work schedule.
- Transfer policies that maximize your prior coursework.
- Academic support from award-winning team advisors.
VBSN: Supporting Veterans Pursuing An RN To BS In Nursing
Excelsior offers academic and support services to veterans and those in the National Guard and Reserves who are enrolled in our online RN to BS in Nursing program. These students receive personal advising, and access to resources such as the online writing lab (OWL), online tutoring, and video tutorials. Learn more about VBSN at Excelsior.
Program Page: Apply and RFI Links
Nursing BS degree info block
RN to BS in Nursing Degree Requirements
Minimum of 121 credits: 61 in arts and sciences, 60 in nursing major component.
Student Learning Program Outcomes
- Promote holistic patient-centered care and population health supporting values, culture, right to self-fulfillment, and quality care outcomes.
- Integrate evidence, nursing theory, and knowledge from other disciplines to guide nursing practice.
- Formulate decisions based on nursing judgment and collaboration with the interprofessional team to achieve quality patient outcomes.
- Incorporate professional core values, guidelines, standards of practice, and lifelong learning as a basis for professional nursing practice,
- Apply principles of leadership to advocate for the unique role of the nursing profession within the health care system.
- Engage in the spirit of inquiry to purpose solutions that support nursing excellence.
Accreditation: Nursing Specialized Accreditation
Specialized Nursing Accreditation
The associate, bachelor's, and master's degree programs in nursing at Excelsior College are accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), formerly known as the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC). The ACEN is a specialized accrediting agency for nursing recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
3343 Peachtree Road, Suite 850
Atlanta, GA 30326
Center of Excellence in Nursing Education
The National League for Nursing (NLN) designated Excelsior College's School of Nursing a 2016-2021 Center of Excellence in Nursing Education, for the fourth consecutive time, in recognition of the School's sustained achievements in creating environments that promote student learning and professional development.
Institutional Accreditation heading block
Institutional Accreditation universal content block
Excelsior College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104. (267-284-5000). The Middle States Commission on Higher Education is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
All of Excelsior College's academic programs are registered (i.e., approved) by the New York State Education Department.