Bachelors Degrees | Public Service – Criminal Justice, Homeland Security - Excelsior College
Page Hero - Areas of Study - Public Service Programs
Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice (Homeland Security)
Bachelor's in Criminal Justice (Homeland Security)
Homeland security expertise can bring big rewards in the job market. And Excelsior College provides the shortest, straightest route to a competitive degree with a homeland security focus—especially for working adults who have a military background or professional law enforcement experience.
Excelsior's online Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice (Homeland Security concentration) has most of the benefits as a homeland security degree from a traditional, on-site college. But we eliminate the obstacles that can prevent working adults from completing a homeland security degree.
Excelsior enables you to:
- Complete your degree online, taking all your criminal justice classes at the time and place that makes most sense for you.
- Reduce your course-load and earn your degree quickly, by receiving maximum transfer credit for your previous college work.
- Convert many types of military experience, academy training, and professional service into academic credit—moving you that much closer to graduation.
- Keep control of your budget, thanks to Excelsior's affordable tuition, low student fees, and flexible payment plans.
A Quick, Streamlined Degree Path to Boost Your Homeland Security Career
Our online criminal justice classes meet the highest academic standards—the same ones that apply to traditional criminal justice degree programs. You'll study with outstanding professors who have years of practical experience in criminal justice.
By completing the homeland security concentration at Excelsior, you'll get practical, job-ready expertise in subjects such as:
- International terrorism
- Domestic terrorism
- Security planning and threat assessment
- Incident response and management
- Interagency coordination and preparedness
Program Page: Apply and RFI Links
BS Criminal Justice: Credit Requirements
BS in Criminal Justice Credit Requirements
The BS degree in Criminal Justice requires 33 credits in the specialized area to complete, with at least 18 credits at the upper level. Each concentration will require students to take 15 credits in core courses, 15 credits in the concentration, 3 credits in Criminal Justice electives, and the Capstone.
Public Service: Criminal Justice Training Assessment Intro
Maximize Prior Training
Catalog: Public Service
Institutional Accreditation heading block
Institutional Accreditation universal content block
Excelsior College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104. (267-284-5000). The Middle States Commission on Higher Education is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
All of Excelsior College's academic programs are registered (i.e., approved) by the New York State Education Department.