Bachelors Degrees | Public Service – Criminal Justice, Homeland Security and Emergency Management - Counterterrorism - Excelsior College
Page Hero - Areas of Study - Public Service Programs
Bachelor of Science in Homeland Security and Emergency Management - Counterterrorism
Bachelor's in Homeland Security and Emergency Management (Counterterrorism)
As terrorism continues to spread and escalate around the world and in the United States, employment opportunities in homeland security and emergency management are projected to grow within federal, state, and local governments, as well as in private companies.
The Bachelor of Science in Homeland Security and Emergency Management (Counterterrorism emphasis) was developed to support adult students who want to develop careers preventing and managing responses to terrorist threats to public safety and hazardous events caused by terrorists, including biological, radiological, and chemical attacks.
A Practical, Online Bachelor's Degree
By earning your degree at Excelsior College, you can:
- Take flexible, online courses in homeland security and emergency management.
- Complete your degree sooner by transferring more credits from other schools.
- Get credit for military experience, academy training, professional service, and first-responder training.
- Manage your budget with reasonable tuition rates, financial aid opportunities, and flexible payment plans.
Pursue an Exciting Career in Counterterrorism
You'll gain a foundation in homeland security, emergency management, domestic terrorism, comparative national security, research analysis, and security assessment.
The 9-credit counterterrorism emphasis will give you practical, job-ready expertise in subject such as:
- International and domestic terrorism
- Transnational aspects of politically-inspired malicious actions
- Unconventional weapons and their use
Program Page: Apply and RFI Links
BS CJ HS EM Outcomes and Reqs
BS in Homeland Security and Emergency Management Degree Credit Requirements
The bachelor's program includes 18 core credits, a 3-credit capstone course, a 9-credit emphasis area that allows students to focus on topics related to their interests and career aspirations, and a 3-credit elective course. Program Outcomes
With a BS in Homeland Security and Emergency Management, you will be prepared to:
- Characterize homeland security and emergency management interoperability.
- Analyze risks and threats within the context of homeland security and emergency management.
- Evaluate the impact of hazardous events on homeland security and emergency management policies, procedures, and planning.
- Scrutinize ethical issues in homeland security and emergency management and produce possible solutions.
Catalog: Public Service
Institutional Accreditation heading block
Institutional Accreditation universal content block
Excelsior College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104. (267-284-5000). The Middle States Commission on Higher Education is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
All of Excelsior College's academic programs are registered (i.e., approved) by the New York State Education Department.