Bachelors Degrees | Public Service – Criminal Justice, Homeland Security and Emergency Management - Emergency Response Health Management - Excelsior College
Page Hero - Areas of Study - Public Service Programs
Bachelor of Science in Homeland Security and Emergency Management - Emergency Response Health Management
Bachelor's in Homeland Security and Emergency Management
(Emergency Response Health Management)
The Bachelor of Science in Homeland Security and Emergency Management (Emergency Response Health Management emphasis) is especially suited to help first responders such as paramedics, firefighters, and emergency medical technicians (EMTs) develop careers in emergency health care management in critical response situations.
The area of emphasis in emergency response health management was designed as an option to help first responders become trained in the full health care cycle to facilitate patient movement to the "second response" phase of emergency health treatment in which they receive critical care.
A Practical, Online Bachelor's Degree
By earning your degree at Excelsior College, you can:
- Take flexible, online courses in health management, homeland security, and emergency management.
- Start school closer to your goal by applying more transfer credits to your degree requirements.
- Get credit for military experience, academy training, professional service, and first-responder training.
- Successfully budget your expenses with reasonable tuition rates, financial aid, and interest-free payment plans.
Pursue an Exciting Career in Emergency Response Health Management
This bachelor's program includes core courses in homeland security, emergency management, domestic terrorism, comparative national security, and security assessment. Beyond this, the 9-credit emphasis in emergency response health management equips students with applicable knowledge of:
- The patient health care cycle from pre-hospital to critical care facility admission
- Emergency response oversight
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
Program Page: Apply and RFI Links
BS CJ HS EM Outcomes and Reqs
BS in Homeland Security and Emergency Management Degree Credit Requirements
The bachelor's program includes 18 core credits, a 3-credit capstone course, a 9-credit emphasis area that allows students to focus on topics related to their interests and career aspirations, and a 3-credit elective course. Program Outcomes
With a BS in Homeland Security and Emergency Management, you will be prepared to:
- Characterize homeland security and emergency management interoperability.
- Analyze risks and threats within the context of homeland security and emergency management.
- Evaluate the impact of hazardous events on homeland security and emergency management policies, procedures, and planning.
- Scrutinize ethical issues in homeland security and emergency management and produce possible solutions.
Catalog: Public Service
Institutional Accreditation heading block
Institutional Accreditation universal content block
Excelsior College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104. (267-284-5000). The Middle States Commission on Higher Education is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
All of Excelsior College's academic programs are registered (i.e., approved) by the New York State Education Department.