Bachelors Degrees | Cybersecurity | General Track - Excelsior College
Page Hero - Areas of Study - Technology Programs
Program: Technology: BS in Cybersecurity (Without Concentration)
Bachelor's in Cybersecurity Degree
The Bachelor of Science in Cybersecurity program is aligned with the academic requirements for Cybersecurity set by National Security Agency (NSA). This new cyber security program prepares you for jobs with the U.S. Cyber Command, the NSA's signals intelligence operations, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, and private companies who need cyber security professionals.
A national leader in workforce development and online education for more than 40 years, Excelsior offers career-building programs designed specifically for working adults. This cyber security degree program is tailored for students who have tight schedules and a strong educational foundation built through military training, job experience, and/or previous college coursework.
To eliminate obstacles that degree-seeking adults often face, Excelsior offers:
- Online classes that you take on your own time—they won't clash with your work or family schedule.
- Affordable tuition, low student fees, and flexible payment plans that make for a budget-friendly degree.
- Generous transfer policies that reduce the number of classes you need to complete your bachelor's degree in cybersecurity. You may transfer credit either for prior courses from accredited colleges, or for eligible forms of military training and job experience.
- Attentive support from our award-winning team of academic advisors.
A Cybersecurity Degree that's Affordable and Flexible
As an accredited college, Excelsior meets or exceed rigorous standards of academic quality. Our online cyber security degree program is based on input from industry leaders to ensure that you receive the most up-to-date training in areas such as:
- Cyberattacks and defenses
- Cybersecurity Defense in Depth
- Computer forensics
- Security Focused Risk Management
- Secure Mobile and Cloud Computing
- Secure Software Development and Analysis
This program is designed to provide you with deeply technical, inter-disciplinary knowledge and skills with extensive opportunities for hands-on applications through labs, simulations, and exercises in cybersecurity.
Program Page: Apply and RFI Links
Program: Technology: BS in Cybersecurity Degree Requirements
BS in Cybersecurity Degree Requirements
Minimum of 120 credits: 60 in arts and sciences, 52 in the cybersecurity component with a minimum of 15 at the upper-level, and 8 in free electives including information literacy.
Graduates will be able to:
- Emphasize technologies and techniques related to specialized cybersecurity e.g., collection, exploitation, and response) involved in national security.
- Utilize technologies and processes that continuously monitor, maintain, and protect the national security posture of the United States.
- Utilize an interdisciplinary approach in employing the best sources and expertise for information related to cyber security and threats to national security.
- Detect, analyze and respond to cyber attacks on networks and computer systems that threaten national security.
- Conduct risk and vulnerability assessments of existing and proposed security systems.
- Develop and implement organizational cyber security policies and procedures designed to protect areas involving national security.
- Develop skills that further the goal to broaden the pool of skilled workers capable of supporting a cyber-secure nation.
As an Excelsior College bachelor's level cybersecurity graduate, within a few years of graduation, you are expected to:
- Apply general and discipline specific concepts and methodologies to identify, analyze and solve problems in the cyber technology discipline.
- Demonstrate an individual desire and commitment to remain technically current with, and adaptive to, changing technologies through continuous learning and self-improvement.
- Demonstrate independent thinking, function effectively in team-oriented settings, and maintain a high level of performance in a professional/industrial environment.
- Communicate effectively in a professional/industrial environment.
- Perform ethically and professionally in business, industry, and society.
- Attain increasing levels of responsibility and leadership in the cyber technology field.
Pathway Scholarship Cybersecurity
Recognition: Technology (with logos)
Recognition for Cybersecurity Programs
The National Security Agency (NSA) and the Department of Homeland Security designated Excelsior as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense Education, a recognition which extends through 2019.
nci info block
National Cybersecurity Institute at Excelsior College
The National Cybersecurity Institute is an academic and research center dedicated to assisting government, industry, military, and academic sectors meet the challenges in cybersecurity policy, technology, and education. The Institute's unique team of cybersecurity experts draws from different industries and organizations who are working together to educate and advise the public and private sectors on today's cybersecurity issues and needs.
Institutional Accreditation heading block
Institutional Accreditation universal content block
Excelsior College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104. (267-284-5000). The Middle States Commission on Higher Education is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
All of Excelsior College's academic programs are registered (i.e., approved) by the New York State Education Department.