Masters Degrees | MS Cybersecurity | Master Cybersecurity | Online - Excelsior College
Page Hero - Areas of Study - Technology Programs
Master of Science in Cybersecurity
Master's in Cybersecurity Degree
Cybersecurity is a critical need in every business, government agency, and nonprofit organization. Embark on a new career or boost your potential for promotion by gaining cybersecurity skills with a Master of Science in Cybersecurity from Excelsior College. This master's program is aligned with the academic requirements for Cybersecurity set by the National Security Agency (NSA) and Department of National Security (DHS).
Designed for working adults, Excelsior's convenient and flexible online cybersecurity master's program enables you to complete your degree requirements while keeping your job and family commitments in balance. A leader in adult education since 1971, Excelsior College offers:
- Online cybersecurity classes that fit into your busy schedule.
- Generous transfer policies that can reduce your course load.
- Reasonable tuition and interest-free payment plans.
- Quality instruction from experts in the cybersecurity industry.
A Cybersecurity Master's to Advance Your Career Goals
As a nonprofit, accredited college, Excelsior upholds high academic standards. We developed our cybersecurity master's degree program in conjunction with industry leaders, and all course materials are continually reviewed and revised to reflect up to date best practices.
Learn from experienced cybersecurity faculty to gain practical skills in areas such as:
- IT risk assessment
- Information assurance
- Communication security
- Project management
- Digital crime and cyber attacks
- Ethical and legal issues in cybersecurity
Learn how Excelsior graduate Weylin Leavitt's MS in Cybersecurity degree opened up a career path and fueled a passion.
Program Page: Apply and RFI Links
Cybersecurity Master's Credit Requirements
Cybersecurity Master's Credit Requirements
The Master of Science in Cybersecurity degree program requires a minimum of 30 graduate-level credits, with nine required courses. Students in this program are allowed to transfer in a maximum of 9 approved, graduate-level credits, with a minimum of 21 credits to be taken directly at Excelsior College.
Graduates will be able to:
- Continuously monitor, maintain, and enhance the protection of enterprise-wide information assets through effective industry accepted information management and risk management techniques.
- Detect, analyze, and respond to cyber-attacks on networks and computer systems.
- Conduct risk and vulnerability assessments of existing and proposed information systems.
- Utilize the best sources of information available related to cyber security issues, threats, and recovery.
- Demonstrate the ability to understand professional, ethical, and social responsibility, including the effect of culture, diversity, and interpersonal relations.
- Demonstrate proficiency in communicating technical information in formal reports, documentation, and oral presentations to users and information technology professionals.
- Demonstrate a commitment to professional development and to continue to engage in lifelong learning.
Pathway Scholarship Cybersecurity
nci info block
National Cybersecurity Institute at Excelsior College
The National Cybersecurity Institute is an academic and research center dedicated to assisting government, industry, military, and academic sectors meet the challenges in cybersecurity policy, technology, and education. The Institute's unique team of cybersecurity experts draws from different industries and organizations who are working together to educate and advise the public and private sectors on today's cybersecurity issues and needs.
Recognition: Technology (with logos)
Recognition for Cybersecurity Programs
The National Security Agency (NSA) and the Department of Homeland Security designated Excelsior as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense Education for its Bachelor of Science in Cybersecurity program.
Institutional Accreditation heading block
Institutional Accreditation universal content block
Excelsior College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104. (267-284-5000). The Middle States Commission on Higher Education is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
All of Excelsior College's academic programs are registered (i.e., approved) by the New York State Education Department.