Cybersecurity - Excelsior College
Page Hero - Areas of Study - Technology Programs
Bachelor of Science in Nuclear Engineering Technology with dual degree option for MBA (Cybersecurity)
BS in Nuclear Engineering Technology/ MBA (Cybersecurity) Dual Degree
Two marketable degrees. Two dynamic industries. One big leap forward for your career.
That's the formula for Excelsior College's online Bachelor of Science in Nuclear Engineering Technology with dual degree option for MBA (Cybersecurity concentration).
A national leader in adult education and workforce development since 1971, Excelsior's online nuclear engineering technology degree provides a superior education in a format that works for busy adults.
Excelsior's flexible online nuclear engineering technology BS / MBA dual degree program allows you to:
- Balance school with work and family commitments. You'll take online classes from your own computer at the times that are convenient for you.
- Graduate in less time by satisfying many degree requirements in advance. Excelsior grants maximum transfer credit for approved courses from other accredited colleges, military programs, and industry-accredited training programs.
- Save money by taking advantage of Excelsior's reasonable tuition and flexible payment plans.
Earn Marketable Degrees in Nuclear Engineering Technology and Information Security
An academic leader among online colleges, Excelsior designed its nuclear engineering technology degree and MBA programs with input from industry leaders. Courses cover the most current and relevant material, and they're designed to address the needs and demands of today's employers.
In the nuclear engineering technology degree with MBA option, you'll work interactively with professors and classmates via Excelsior's online communities. Both programs are led by outstanding faculty who have years of experience in the nuclear engineering and information security industries.
In the cybersecurity MBA concentration, you'll develop specialized knowledge in areas such as:
- IT risk assessment
- Cyber attacks and defenses
- Cybersecurity law and regulations
- Mobile and cloud security
Program Page: Apply and RFI Links
BS / MBA Nuclear Engineering Technology Degree Requirements
BS in Nuclear Engineering Technology / MBA Credit Requirements
The Bachelor's in Nuclear Engineering Technology/ MBA degree program is offered in conjunction with the School of Business & Technology. The dual degree track requires 154-157 credits. Students are awarded their bachelor's degree by completing 60 credits in the arts and sciences component, 48 credits in the nuclear engineering technology component, and 10-13 credits for the free elective component. Students achieve graduate status after completion of the 6-credit bridge component. The 30-credit graduate course component completes the master's degree requirements.
Graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate a fundamental knowledge of natural sciences, including physics, chemistry, thermodynamics, atomic physics, and nuclear physics.
- Demonstrate the ability to understand, measure, and provide quantitative expressions of natural science phenomena, including experimentation, observation, and accurate measurement.
- Apply the fundamentals of algebra, trigonometry, and calculus to problem solving in nuclear engineering technology areas.
- Make technical presentations in English using language appropriate to the audience.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the written communication of technical information using standard English.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of computer applications or documentation of the use of one or more computer software packages for technical problem solving appropriate to the nuclear engineering technology discipline.
- Demonstrate technical competency in electrical theory, nuclear and engineering materials, health physics/radiation protection, reactor core fundamentals, plant systems, heat transfer, fluids, and radiation measurement lab.
- Demonstrate comprehension of currently applicable rules and regulations in the areas of: radiation protection, operations, maintenance, quality control, quality assurance, safety, quality, timeliness, continuous improvement
- Integrate knowledge of the functional areas of nuclear engineering technology in the safe operation and maintenance of nuclear systems.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply design concepts, creativity, balance, accuracy, and confidence limits through the understanding of the relationships between design and the operation of nuclear systems.
- Participate effectively in groups.
- Demonstrate an ability to understand professional, ethical, and social responsibilities, including the impacts of culture, diversity, and interpersonal relations.
- Demonstrate a commitment and ability to continue to engage in lifelong learning.
Upon successful completion of the Excelsior College MBA program, the graduate will be able to:
- Analyze real-world business problems and generate recommendations for action.
- Integrate accounting, marketing, finance, management and economics into a strategic business analysis.
- Assess the impact of the global business environment on business situations.
- Apply quantitative methods to analysis of business situations.
- Perform ethically and professionally in business and society.
- Communicate effectively to relevant audiences in written materials.
- Collaborate in teams to produce required deliverables.
- Apply Project Management skills to business situations.
- Assess the ethical implications of actions for diverse stakeholders.
As an Excelsior College baccalaureate-level nuclear engineering technology graduate you will be able to:
- Apply general and discipline-specific concepts and methodologies to identify, analyze, and solve technical problems in the nuclear discipline.
- Demonstrate an individual desire and commitment to remain technically current with, and adaptive to changing technologies through continuous learning and self-improvement.
- Demonstrate independent thinking, function effectively in team-oriented settings, and maintain a high level of performance in a professional/industrial environment.
- Communicate effectively in a professional/industrial environment.
- Perform ethically and professionally in business, industry, and society.
- Attain increasing levels of responsibility and leadership in the nuclear field.
nci info block
National Cybersecurity Institute at Excelsior College
The National Cybersecurity Institute is an academic and research center dedicated to assisting government, industry, military, and academic sectors meet the challenges in cybersecurity policy, technology, and education. The Institute's unique team of cybersecurity experts draws from different industries and organizations who are working together to educate and advise the public and private sectors on today's cybersecurity issues and needs.
Recognition: Technology (with logos)
Recognition for Cybersecurity Programs
The National Security Agency (NSA) and the Department of Homeland Security designated Excelsior as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense Education, a recognition which extends through 2019.
Institutional Accreditation heading block
Institutional Accreditation universal content block
Excelsior College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104. (267-284-5000). The Middle States Commission on Higher Education is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
All of Excelsior College's academic programs are registered (i.e., approved) by the New York State Education Department.